Sunday, October 4, 2009

17 weeks - clean closet and status update

Cleaned out my closet today and it made me realize two things: 1. I have a lot of scarfs (I really should stop buying any more) and 2. I have gained a lot of weight... sigh...

I know, I know, I'm supposed to be putting on weight for little Olive (Katy and I thought that would be an appropriate nickname for the fetus), but right now I'm just feeling fat. As I put away shirts that I wore at the beginning of the summer, I wondered - will I ever fit in these again? I hope so! I think because I'm in the in between stages, it makes it hard to be excited about gaining weight, i.e. my belly isn't big enough to look definitely pregnant but is larger than my pre-pregnancy days. I'm hoping that the weight gain won't be so bothersome once my belly has grown a bit and especially once I can start to feel the baby.

17 weeks and a few days now and still haven't felt the baby yet. Most books said it would take most first time moms till 18 or 20 weeks until you can feel the baby, so I'm not too worried about that yet. Haven't been to the doctor in a while though (I opted to wait 7 weeks between appointments so we could get the next ultrasound faster) so right now I'm not feeling very "pregnant" at all. I'm really looking forward to the ultrasound, getting to see Olive, finding out the sex, and getting to feel Olive move for the first time. Maybe then I will feel more like all this weight gain is worth it!

Overall I've been feeling really good though. Health wise, I'm much less tired, no nausea and pretty much feel like myself (plus a few pounds). The only thing that has really been different is all the headaches. It seems I get headaches 5 out of 7 days a week. I can't figure out why yet. At first I thought it was the weather change, maybe not enough sleep, but I've tried everything and it seems nothing can keep them away. For now, I'm just hoping taking 1 Tylenol a day isn't harmful to Olive. Need to call the doctor to confirm.

No comments:

Post a Comment