Friday, November 6, 2009

Gender Party

Again, meant to post about this a while back, but got busy with life!

The week we found out the gender of the baby, my two wonderful friends, Erin and Katy, decided to host a party for us to announce the sex of the baby. The ultrasound was on a Tuesday so logically, we made the party for that following Friday. Little did I know that our little secret would be extremely hard to keep over those four days. It wasn't so much that I wanted to tell people, it was that terms like "pink" and "she" kept slipping off my tongue whenever I would talk about the baby. How quickly I became used to referring to Olive as a little girl!

To announce the sex of the baby, we decided to copy my dear friend Katie's sister, Sarah, by baking a pink or blue gumball into the middle of a cupcake. (truthfully the whole idea for the party was Sarah's! but it was just too cute of an idea to pass up!)



After 2 batches of cupcakes and testing about 5 different candies (I couldn't find pink gumballs that week), we went with pink/red starbursts baked into the middle of the cupcake. The whole cupcake process actually proved to be quite a challenge, poor Ben had to taste test about 10 cupcakes one night until I finally got it right!

None the less, the party was a blast, and everyone was surprised/excited to find out that little Olive will be a baby girl. We each wore a blue or pink shirt, depending on what we thought the sex of the baby would be. As you can see, most thought that Olive would be a boy...



There were a few pink votes, although I think the boys were just wanting to wear pink that night...



Thanks to Katy and Erin for such a wonderful night - I couldn't think of a better way to share our exciting news!

No comments:

Post a Comment