Wednesday, July 13, 2011

St. Louis Weekend

Goodness, we've been traveling a lot! We went from not traveling for several months, to having three action packed weekends in a row! It was actually a blast and they were much needed vacations, and much needed time with family and friends. Our final trip was a short trip to St. Louis for a Cardinals game. Just Ben and I went, so there was much less to think about and it was a bit more relaxing.

My mom had to go out to audit two of their restaurants in St. Louis so she invited us to join her for the weekend for dinner at Ruth's and a Cardinals game. It was a blast!

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza downtown, and Mom got us upgraded to a suite on the 20th floor, so the room and the view were awesome! We almost didn't want to leave the room!


We spent the first part of the day at the roof top pool (that had another great view!) Here I am posing with baby boy...


And then washed up and headed to dinner - even though we were all pretty stuffed from the wings we ate at Hooters for lunch (I think this was my first experience at Hooters, but what can I say, when the baby wants wings, the baby gets wings). Let's just say dinner was a little more classy...


Next up was our golf car ride over to the game... probably my favorite part of the weekend! Nothing beats riding around downtown St. Louis on the back of a golf car that goes 20+ miles an hour!




The game was a blast - we had great seats, and by great I mean they were in the shade, which was pretty much the only thing I was hoping for!


But after six innings, we decided to head back to Ruth's for a little dessert and drinks. Then I insisted Ben and I walk around for a little bit to try to work off some of the thousands of calories we had consumed that day!

The next morning we slept in late (a treat, since usually our little bean is usually calling out our name bright and early in the morning at home!) and went to a local breakfast place called Rooster. It was delicious so I was glad we walked a little further than we needed and stayed a little later than we should have to make it there.

Lucy had a blast staying with Grandma and Grandpa Wehner, and didn't even want to go home with us when we picked her up! They must spoil her rotten over there... like any good grandparent should :)

1 comment: