Tuesday, August 16, 2011

State Fair

Still have so much catching up to do on the blog! We've been so busy, I haven't had time to post all that we've been up to... but I've been so glad to have that problem as we've been doing so many fun things.

Last week we went to the State Fair twice! Erin and I took Drew and Lucy on Wednesday and Ben and I took Lucy on Thursday to celebrate Ben's birthday.

I was thankful Erin agreed to go with me, she's due in about 5 weeks so I can only imagine how uncomfortable she's getting! But she was a trooper and I think we ended up staying about 3 hours. We also got pretty lucky because the heat wave we've been having is finally over and some cool weather came in just in time for the fair!

Checking out the animals...


Lucy loved the animals, she got really excited and would give a fake laugh every time we saw something new. Drew was a pro at petting the animals, but I think Lucy was a little nervous. She would reach out to touch one and then pull her hand back really fast... it was pretty cute...


I had to include this next one because it shows her carrying her blankie around. Normally she is not attached to any object in particular, but lately she's been loving to carry various things around for long periods at a time. On this day it was one of her blankies and unfortunately it was through the animal stalls so that blankie had to go straight to the wash as soon as we got home!


Lunch time! Oh how I love fair food... we got a corn dog and lemon shake up to share... then Lucy ate about half of Erin's french fries...


Finally we stopped by a kiddie area and saw a circus act perform and got to run through a couple stalks of corn... can you spot Lucy?


The next morning was Ben's birthday, I made him breakfast and then he headed off for work (which was actually a day of golf... lucky him!)


Once he got home we headed back to the state fair. Checking out the animals again...


And eating more fair food! While we were eating a parade went by so we had fun watching all the people and tractors pass by...

1 comment:

  1. We had so much fun at the fair with you guys! Great memories of the kiddos together :) Let's make them go again when they are 16...

    ReplyDelete