Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Christmas Eve 2011

Slowly but surely I'll get caught up! Fortunately, blogging is one thing that's easy to do while holding a baby that won't nap in his crib :)

Christmas was crazy... as usual. Someday we'll figure out something that is a little less hectic, but for now, we fit in four family gatherings plus church in two days. Christmas eve we started at my mom's and opened presents. Afterwards, we headed home for nap time and to get dressed for church. We went to the Christmas Eve service at 3:30 then headed to my grandparents afterwards - unfortunately we missed dinner because it took 30 minutes to get out of the Grace parking lot (where I think everyone in Hamilton County decided to go for church!)

Here are just a few highlights from our first Christmas Eve as a family of four.

I love our faces - it kind of describes how the holidays felt!

Passing out presents at Mimi's...


Mimi helped open presents...


While I held Hank and Ben videotaped!


Jordyn was at the most fun age to watch opening presents... everything was soooo awesome!




Santa butt...


Finally awake! Getting held by my oldest cousin...


Ok - time for outfit changes! Each kid had 3 outfits to get through in 2 days!


I couldn't get over how cute Lucy's outfit was, so I was snapping pictures while she was playing... not thinking about what she was doing. Can you imagine where that can ended up?


Hank Christmas Outfit #2


All the cousins at my grandparents..


Getting ready to open more presents at Nanni and Poppi's house...


Mimi helped again...


Present opening was crazy as usual, but I made sure to sneak off and grab a family picture...


And Lucy got some snuggle time with Mimi in...


Finally we headed home and did our own family Christmas. Starting next year I think we'll do the traditional present opening at our house on Christmas morning, but since we were heading to Ben's parents first thing in the morning we decided it would be easiest to open presents at night. Loving on my two babies...

1 comment:

  1. love that family picture from your grandparents house. your christmas eve sounded...exhausting! you are super mom!

    ReplyDelete