Sunday, January 24, 2010

33 Week Survey

Much like the first trimester, I'm getting much and much less motivated to blog due to being tired most of the time! But, wanted to get something up this week (especially since there is only a couple weeks left during my pregnancy!)

Belly Button in or out:
it didn't pop fully out, but it's pretty much as far out as it's going to be

Wedding rings on or off: depends, if I'm at work, in my 80 degree office - rings off. if I'm at home relaxing - rings on. I try not to sleep with them at night though, my mom said she woke up one day during her pregnancy and couldn't get her rings off so they had to cut them off. Hoping to avoid that!

Food cravings: No food cravings - although I don't feel as hungry as usual. I think there's just not enough room in my abdomen for food anymore.

Food aversions: none

Nausea: none - thank goodness, I only experienced this during the first trimester

Energy level: on it's way back down. unfortunately I have been having trouble sleeping much at night so I find myself to be completely exhausted all day long. I had about a million things to do after work this week which also left me exhausted so I'm planning to try to start saying "no" to things and start taking care of myself.

Weight gain: oddly enough I haven't been as nervous about the weight gain as much lately, I seem to be on track to gain about 40 pounds for the entire pregnancy, which is much better than what I thought it would be. I think I'm at around 30-35 right now.

Mood: too exhausted to really care much about anything, although feeling pretty anxious about getting the baby's room finalized.

Maternity clothes: even my maternity clothes are starting to feel a bit snug at times now!

Size of baby: 4 pounds (no wonder I'm tired!), 17 inches long, size of a pineapple

Changes of baby: she's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and her skeleton is hardening.

Next appointment: Next Friday, I've been going every other week lately and will soon start to go every week. Lucy and I have been healthy at all of our appointments so I am extremely thankful for a smooth pregnancy so far. I have been a little irritated by the doctor's office lately, they have me come in for a 5 minute check up and end up making me wait 45 minutes to an hour. I seriously think I could do my own blood pressure and check my own pee faster than that.

Other: We started birth preparation classes two weeks ago. We'll go to 4 classes in total. I don't know what it was about the classes, but they may be feel so excited and so overwhelmed with emotion. Maybe it attending a class that I had always imagined going to with my husband (and now we actually were) or maybe it was all the practicing we were doing that made me realize our little Lucy would be arriving soon. Either way, the classes have made me really excited about being a mom soon and I love that Ben is there supporting me each and every step of the way.

1 comment: