Saturday, April 17, 2010

1 Month



Lucy is 1 month today! The time has gone so fast, I can't believe it's been one month already. These past couple weeks Lucy has changed so much. She's getting bigger and taller, and has gotten a little case of baby acne (which I'm told goes away on it's on around 3 months). Her personality is also beginning to show. A couple days ago I was playing and smiling at Lucy when all of the sudden she gave me this huge smile back... it was amazing. She smiles and coos every day now, and it is the best feeling in the world. She also has gotten into an awesome routine. I seriously couldn't ask for a better baby. Lucy is sleeping 5 hours at a time now, at night (and would sleep longer, but I wake her up to eat), and during the day she eats, plays and naps like clockwork. This has made my days so much easier and more predictable. I now know when I can be places and when people can come over (she eats at almost the same time every day) and when I can have time to get chores done. Lastly we have gotten out a bit more - Lucy has been to Grace, out to eat and over to some friends and family members' houses. It's been great for us to get out of the house and slowly get back into the swing of things. And Lucy doesn't seem to mind one bit!

A friend asked me last night what has surprised me most about motherhood... I thought that was a good question to write about. One thing that amazed me is the way my heart has changed. I know it sounds cliche but I really never knew I could love something so much. I've held babies before, and it's been nice, but when I hold Lucy I just feel complete. I never knew a baby could bring so much joy. Before when I would hold a baby, I would wonder what you do with it all day - but now with Lucy we talk, laugh, sing, read books, take walks and interact... even if it's usually me doing a majority of it! I love just being with her.

I think the other thing that surprised me is the feeding schedule! I knew babies ate a lot, but I didn't realize just how much it was until I had Lucy. She eats 7-8 times a day, for 30-40 minutes. Add in burping her and changing her diaper as part of the routine and you've got a full 8 hour day just in her feeding routine. Who ever said being a mom isn't a full time job!?!

We head to the doctor Monday - weight and height stats to come then!

1 comment:

  1. shes so adorable!! :) way to go on making it through the first month, with such a positive attitude! xoxo

    ReplyDelete