Friday, October 29, 2010

To Do Lists

I've been really in to making lists lately - I think it's the type A personality in me that I don't get to use up anymore with out my business job. Now our house and our family is my job, and I'm loving it! I get to put all of my time an energy into running our home instead of into something I'm not really passionate about. I have a bunch of papers lying around with these lists, so I figure this would be a good place to keep them so I don't lose track of things!

My lastest list is on home updates I want to make. I spend most of my time in our house so I am constantly thinking about things I want to change, rooms I want to redo, furniture I want to buy, etc. But obviously we have a budget, so we can only do so many things at a time. This is my wish list of house updates...

1. New carpet downstairs (possibly with wood floors too)
2. Paint downstairs, fix walls (possibly use wall paper too)
3. Fix base boards downstairs
4. New TV for the bedroom
5. New couches for the family room
6. New lamp and end table for the family room
7. China hutch for the dinning room
8. New appliances for the kitchen (stainless steel microwave, dishwasher and fridge)
9. Fix garden and grass in the back yard
10. New fixtures downstairs
11. Paint and update guest bathroom (maybe make more kid friendly)
12. Paint shutters

I need to go through and figure out costs and what are our priorities... but that will be for another day. Plus I'm sure there will be things that get in the way that have to be updated - like our water heater, air conditioner and oven that all broke this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment