Saturday, May 5, 2012

Hank 5 Months

Ok - so Hank is now a little over 5 months old and has been changing so much the past couple days... I'm going to try to make sure I only include stuff from months 4-5 here.

EATING - he is on pretty much the same schedule, eats about every 3.5hrs.  (7:30am, 11am, 2:30pm, 5:30pm, 7pm and 4:30am) I'm starting to feel like this boy could eat a little fewer times during the day (I'd love to get rid of that middle of the night feeding), but at the same time I feel like he's hungry, so hopefully we'll reach a better balance this next month.

SLEEP - sleep was hit or miss this month.  At the beginning of the month I thought we totally had things down, Hank was sleeping two 1.5-2hr naps and a third shorter nap, but towards the end of the month he went a little wacky, sometimes only napping 30-45 minutes at a time.  I wasn't sure if it was teething, sickness, a growth spurt or a combination of the three, so I just kept feeding and rocking him as much as I could... Little wearing, but I have to keep telling myself that this is only a phase.  Oh, Hank also decided he was going to wake 2-3 times at night (after giving me a couple nights of sleeping all the way through)... so we have been a little exhausted the past couple weeks.  He still almost never cries when he is going down to sleep, and often ends up playing in his crib a lot if he wakes early, so I guess I don't have too much to complain about!

Hank has been screaming a lot and cooing, and laughs and smiles all the time.  He is an extremely happy and laid back baby.  He has been getting better at sleeping/being happy in the car and has had longer awake periods so we've been able to get places more often.  He has been getting better and better at sitting up, but still needs support and has gotten better at rolling but still doesn't do it a lot at play time.  He loves, and I mean LOVES jumping.  He has gotten a lot of use out of the jumparoo and when he isn't it that he loves jumping in my lap. 

He still loves, and again I mean LOVES sucking his thumb.  He always falls asleep sucking his thumb every night and he often tries to suck it throughout the day. When he isn't sucking on his thumb he likes to play with and suck on his toes.  He has been finding more and more joy in watching and playing with Lucy - and she loves playing with  him, I'm excited to see their relationship develop over the next couple of months.

STATS - we didn't go to the doctor this month, but I think Hank weighs about 18 pounds. 

So I lied... these pictures were actually taken with our new camera - but I have no idea how any of it works (accept how to push the button to take a picture) so nothing fancy here! 

This first series shows how wild this little man is.  He loves to get his feet and arms going when he is laying on his back.




Can you tell how much he loves to smile?
Here's Lucy at 5 months... still looking pretty similar if you ask me! But I think I see a bit of a unique look.

Teddy pictures were not that succesfull... one look at this guy and he was diving after him.
I'm guessing you can tell where this was headed...
But I grabbed a shot of little man after he had fallen over.. peeka boo!
 I tried for a couple more, but toys seem to only go one place these days...
 
Woops, fell back over...

2 comments:

  1. I am starting to see more of you in Hank these days! He is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! you're doing so well keeping up with Hank's milestones on the blog! :) And I think Lucy and Hank look different... am I the only one?

    ReplyDelete