Thursday, May 24, 2012

Mother's Day

As I mentioned before - Hank's dedication was on Mother's Day, so after church we invited some family and friends over for brunch.  Not everyone was able to make it, but we did have my dad, Ben's dad and brothers, and the Keelers and Millers over.  It was the perfect celebration. 

Like Lucy, Ben planted me a tree for Hank as my Mother's Day present.
It's a plum tree that is supposed to eventually produce fruit we can eat - a nice addition to our new vegetable garden.

Here's Lucy's tree this year..

And here is the tree last year (so funny to think I was a couple weeks pregnant with Hank there!)
It doesn't look like the tree has grown much, but I think it's filled out a lot.  And you can see one of the new flower beds Ben made for me.

I didn't get man pictures from brunch, but here is my dad holding Hank...

And Brandon and Ben with Hank...

After nap time, I wanted to snag a few pictures of the kids with their nice outfits on... sorry for the picture overload!






I'm still learning everything on my camera (my sweet friend Emily actually came over a few days after Mother's day and gave me a little tutorial) - but we've been able to get a ton of great pictures of the kids already!

And of course - JJ and a favorite already...

After our little photo session - we headed to my mom's house to celebrate with my extended family.  It ended up being a great, relaxing day (I'm not going to lie, it was a little stressful leading up to the celebration, buying outfits, prepping the house, getting food ready - but once that was all done, I got to sit back and relax with family, friends and of course two of my favorite people...)

1 comment:

  1. you looks so stylish, jess! i love your dress and shoes!

    ReplyDelete