Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Tree Trimming and Snow!

Now that we are back from Grand Cayman we are in full swing Christmas mode! We usually get our tree and decorate the day after Thanksgiving, but since we left for GC on that day this year, we had to get started right away when we got home. I slowly put decorations up throughout the week, while trying to get our life back in order, and played lots of extra Christmas music to help get me in the mood... The 15 degree weather and snow we had helped bring me back to reality too!

We got our tree this past Saturday, Lucy is only awake for 2-3 hours at a time though, so by the time she woke up from her first nap, nursed, ate and got loaded in the car to get the tree it was almost time for her second nap! So, Ben and I were left to do the decorating without her help... what a slacker.

I let Ben get started with the tree while I whipped us up some hot coco and cookies to help us decorate...


Unfortunately, left unattended, this is what my lovely husband will do... (watch football and wrestle the dog) *sigh*


Somehow we were running low on time again so all we got was one ornament up... Lucy's "Baby's First Christmas" ornament from Katy... a good one to get up :)


Oh well, off to Nanni and Poppi's to help decorate their tree and celebrate Alli's birthday, and a quick picture in Lucy's first snow!


Posing in front of their Christmas tree in adorable coat and hat!


Four generations of Wagner women!


Lucy sitting at the kid table with all her cousins (well, my cousins... so her second cousins?)


Time at the Wagners is always a little exhausting so we took some time to recover back home, and relax by the fire...

2 comments:

  1. cute, christmas-y pictures! looks very cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should leave your tree just like that! Hehe, Lucy gets sweeter by the minute! I miss you guys

    ReplyDelete